Thursday, March 22, 2007

Introduction

I hope that this brief introduction of myself, will allow you to know more about me. For starters, my name is Kavina Shahi. My friends call me Kavina or Kavi for short. I come from a large family of nine, which is pretty unusual these days, especially in Singapore. I am the eldest of five girls and two boys.
I aspire to be a doctor, a Pediatrician to be more precise. I am willing to work hard to achieve that dream. I am currently joining the 'Interact club' where I will be able to look after children in childcare centres. Hopefully the expeience will perpare me for my future endeavours.
I love singing although I do not exactly have a fantastic voice. Hats off to Christina Aguilera for her awesome vocal range. I admit that I sometimes try to imitate her, very unsuccessfully. Also, during my free time I enjoy writing poems in my diary as a way to relieve stress. It is rather useful. Watching musicals is something I am crazy about. The combination of a story, dancing and singing is rather intriguing.
One thing I suppose is different about me, is that in the future, I really want to travel to countries where poverty and famine is prevalent. Hopefully by then, I would be a professional doctor so that I will be able to help the unfortunate children there and maybe make a difference in their lives. Yes, it may seem quite far fetched. However, this is something I really wish to do.
I guess this is all I can say about myself for now. Thank you for reading my posting.


Kavina.

No comments: